Sunday Happenings 6. 21.15
Hello Maple Grover’s!
Prayer Concerns (From the floor)
1. Scott Kimlick (Donna Miller’s nephew)
2. Ryan Kirkdorffer
3. Erin Berkeypile (Camp Mack)
4. NC Church Members
5. Danny & Shelby Bird (Moving)
Praises from Sunday
1. Brent & Erin Berkeypile (baby)
Today we celebrated our earthly Father’s! We’re glad that our nation has a day set aside to honor them. Did you know that God has a high regard for dads? Dr. James Lamb said this about that: “God loves fathers, because He is one!” In Psalms 128, our Scripture text of the morning, God tells us fathers that He wants to bless our wife, our sons and our daughters and make them strong. And the author of Psalms tells us there are certain things we can do to get these results as a father/husband. One way to get good results is: “Make Their Family a Priority.” Psalms 128:3 says this; “Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.” Notice it says, “Within your house,” and “around our table.” If God has blessed you with a wife and/or children, then they must be your first priority. Dads, show your family that they are the most important ones to you! Secondly dad’s; “Determine to walk with God.” The Psalmist says in 128:1; “Blessed are all who fear the Lord, and walk in his ways.” The Bible talks a lot about walking in His ways. The closer we walk with the Lord, the closer all other relationship become. The Lord wants to walk with us every day. In fact He tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Wow, what a promise! Another way to get good results for all of us and for you dads is; “To fear the Lord.” “Blessed are those who fear the Lord…” (Psalms 128:1a). People try to tone this word “fear” down by replacing it with words such as, “reverence or respect.” But the Hebrew word for fear is “Yaw-rey” which means fear. Period! When Jacob was returning home he prayed that God would deliver him from his brother Esau. That’s not respect or reverence, that’s fear! Psalms 103:11 says this; “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.” Oswald Chambers once wrote: “The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else.” Fearing God is knowing where God draws the lines and determining to draw those same lines in our own lives and homes! Dads, hope you had a great Father’s Day!
1. Our church picnic is next Sunday at the Morehouse Pond. Worship will at the church.
2. Evangelism gave us a challenge for the month of June. It’s called “Letters of Encouragement.” Share Christ’s love through a letter, email, text, etc.
3. VBS started today and goes through Thursday.
4. Discipleship has challenged us to read through the Bible in a year starting July 5th!
5. Camp Mack needs counselors, cookie bakers and a health check-in person. If you can help, please see a Camp Mack staff.
6. There will be a “Bridal Shower” for Ashley Schultz on August 20, at 6:00 p.m. at the church.
NOTE: Offering for Camp Mack this week was $1011.93. Great job Maple Grover’s!
Have a Happy Father’s Day!